On Call Hospice Nurse, RN (Monday- Thursday)
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Description - -On Call Hospice Nurse -Monday - ThursdaySign on
Bonus $15,000 - -Why work for Pruitt Health Hospice:Hospice is not
job but a calling! Thanks to our PruittHealth Hospice caregivers,
home is where the healing takes place. -That's why we attract
hospice clinicians who are passionate about providing the highest
quality level of care possible for our patients. Being a hospice
caregiver, takes compassion, integrity, patience, and leadership
skills. - Apply today and make a profound difference in caring for
one patient at a time. -For Your CommitmentPruittHealth Hospice
partners have access to a progressive salary and -benefits plan,
mileage reimbursement, opportunity for career growth and
development, reasonable caseloads, and a -flexible schedule that
fits your lifestyle- plus a great team environment that reflects
our commitment to caring for our 16,000 partners. -JOB PURPOSE: -
-Screen referral for appropriateness and perform admission to
facilitate the transition of the patient and family into the
hospice program. Also responsible to Case Manage patients and
families to ensure symptom management, patient and family
education, medication management, coordination of hospice services
and provide excellent -communication with the patient's
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary care team for assigned
patients and is -designated to coordinate the implementation of the
plan of care.
- Provides the primary nursing care for hospice patients,
regardless of the setting.
- Assumes full responsibility for professional management of
assigned hospice patients' care related to the patient's terminal
- Teaches the primary caregiver skills that are needed to care
for the patient in their residence.
- Works closely with the attending physician and other team
members to develop appropriate pain and symptom management.
- Completes nursing assessments and admissions of patients.
- Maintains the clinical record to meet federal, state, and
agency regulations and guidelines.
- Supervises hospice aides and certified nurse aides, making a
supervisory visit at least every 14 days, and face to face at least
- Assumes all on-call responsibilities as assigned.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Program.
- Participates in and presents inservice programs, team
conferences, and staff meetings.
- Provides skilled nursing care to assigned patients/families as
outlined in the plan of care.
- Participates in the development of the patient/family
interdisciplinary care plan.
- For patients residing in a skilled nursing facility, the RN
Case Manager will have responsibility for managing the patients'
symptoms related to the terminal illness.
- Verify by patients visit and review of documentation that the
caregivers in the SNF are carrying out the plan of care as
- Have ultimate responsibility for developing and integrating the
plan of care with the hospice team and the SNF team to assure one
integrated plan of care that reflects the hospice philosophy.
- For patients receiving private home care services, the RN Case
manager shall supervise the certified nursing aide, sitters, and
companion services assigned to patients.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the DHS or the
Administrator. - -QualificationsMinimum Education Required:
- Nursing degree from an accredited college or universityMinimum
- A minimum of one (1) years RN experience is desirable.
- Hospice, Home Care, Med/Surg, Oncology -experience is
preferred. - - - -Minimum Licensure/Certification Required by Law:
- - - -
- Currently licensed as an RN in the states where you will
- Must have current driver's license and valid automobile
- Must have certification in basic life support CPR.Preferred
- Ability to work effectively independently and within an
- Orientation to Hospice and any other training that may be
necessary to complete the assigned duties effectively.
- Communicates well with patients/residents/clients and family
members providing warm and friendly greeting and an approachable
attitude to families, visitors, patients/residents/clients and
responds to expressed concerns while displaying a helpful, caring
demeanor. - Answers questions when appropriate in a professional
manner.#JC1 #NC1 -As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, all
qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran
status.PruittHealth is a COVID-19 vaccine-mandated employer. All
new Partners are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination
or receive a medical and/or religious exemption. -PruittHealth
Hospice -is a division of the PruittHealth Corporation, an
innovative, family-owned organization. - We're committed to
providing exceptional care across a wide spectrum of services,
including skilled nursing care, assisted and independent living,
home health care, hospice care, rehabilitation, pharmacy, infusion
services, and more. -Job: NursingPrimary Location: North
Carolina-GreenvilleSchedule: Full-timeShift: 3rd ShiftJob Posting:
Apr 28, 2022, 5:36:56 PM
Keywords: PruittHealth, Greenville , On Call Hospice Nurse, RN (Monday- Thursday), Other , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!