Company: City of Greenville, NC
Posted on: November 22, 2022
The purpose of this position is to provide both general and
specialized procurement services for the Purchasing Division. This
position will focus on day to day operational requirements and help
execute the guiding principles of the purchasing division using
formal purchasing methods. This is accomplished by reviewing and
approving requisitions, completing change orders, coordinating the
bidding process, reviewing solicitations, contract administration,
and assisting with overall continuous improvement.
FLSA Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
* This is a continuous posting and may close at any time.
Examples of Duties
* Manage the Disposal of Surplus Property Program by consulting
with City departments to designate vehicles, equipment, and other
items as surplus or for discard.
* Generate purchase orders and change orders by reviewing
requisitions for compliance with applicable laws, policies, and
* Serve as backup for the MUNIS Requisition Module, train end users
on module, and troubleshoot issues with the Munis Purchasing
* Audits and reconciles records for purchase card statements by
monitoring monthly account reconciliation and purchase
* Develop and administer term contracts for frequently purchased
goods and services.
* Research and analyze frequent spend of commodities and consult
with departments to determine goods and services that would be best
procured on a term contract basis.
* Creates and maintains database of City contracts and Awards.
* Assists with developing procedures, templates, and forms to
create systems and processes for more efficient buying.
* Assist the Financial Services Manager with the completion of the
Sustained Professional Purchasing Award and with the promotion of
the Purchasing Division and education of procurement protocols.
* Assist with Coordination of bidding Process by Posting
solicitations on the City's website and IPS System, Attending
Pre-Bid meetings, Preparing Bid Tabulations, Maintain Bid Log,
Maintain Procurement records (solicitation files) organized filing
system for Purchasing.
* Perform other duties and related work as assigned.
Education and experience:
* High school diploma or GED
* Three or more years of experience inpurchasing
* Six months to one year of technical training or college beyond
high school in a related field;
* Two years of experience in purchasing
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Knowledge of NC local government bidding and contracting
* principles and processes for providing customer and personal
services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality
standards for services, and evaluation of customer
* the structure and content of the English language including the
meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and
* arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their
* administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word
processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other
office procedures and terminology.
* the operation of assigned office equipment, including computer
equipment and various software packages.
* giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking
time to understand the points being made, asking questions as
appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
* being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react
as they do.
* understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related
* listen to and understand information and ideas presented through
spoken words and sentences.
* read and understand information and ideas presented in
* understand and follow oral and written instructions.
* communicate information and ideas in writing so others will
* operate assigned equipment, including computer equipment and
various software packages.
* work cooperatively with City officials, other employees, and the
* Notary Public
* Valid Driver's License
Keywords: City of Greenville, NC, Greenville , Buyer I, Other , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!