IT Operations Tech-Advanced
Company: East Carolina University
Posted on: November 25, 2022
- Monitor data center infrastructure including chillers,
air/water flow systems, air conditioning, water alarm, fire alarm,
security panels, generators, UPS, etc.
- Monitor the enterprise systems servers, storage, applications,
and networking services and escalates for higher level support when
- Provide day-to-day monitoring, management and troubleshooting
of data center information and management systems.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency when dealing with customer
problems in a timely manner. Assisting customers may involve
answering help desk calls, entering help desk tickets, or
interacting with vendors, programmers, or system administrators as
customers experience difficulties with connections, accounts or
- Use available software tools in problem solving and systems
- Resolve routine operational problems referred from technicians.
- This position requires knowledge of core data center specific
technologies including power and cooling distribution systems,
temperature/humidity sensors, fire suppression systems, hot/cold
aisle design, etc.
- Ability to use software tools and programs to monitor,
identify, evaluate, and maintain technology of moderate complexity
throughout the Data Center.
- Demonstrate ability to independently make routine and
non-routine modifications to data center monitoring/control
- Familiar with the types of hardware hosted in the Data Center
for the purpose of installation, configuration, and data back-up.
Work will include installing/removing, cabling and inventorying
- Demonstrate the ability to think independently, research,
interpret and apply technical knowledge to bring new ideas into
focus when evaluating software and hardware.
- Participate and contribute to developing solutions for the
- Demonstrate knowledge of technologies and systems in-place with
the capability of supporting these technologies and maintaining
relatively stable system environments.
- Analyze technical and operational issues, research, evaluate,
and recommend solutions to manager.
- Assess and seek opportunities to enhance or develop new
processes or procedures to drive operational efficiencies and/or
improve service to customers.
- Take initiative to plan and organize daily activities and tasks
necessary to complete scheduled shift.
- Work independently and perform job with minimal or no
- Understand tasks required and take ownership to complete task.
- Other duties as directed.
Minimum Education/ExperienceHigh School or General Educational
Development diploma and six months of experience. Equivalent
coursework in computer operations or information technology from a
technical school or community college may be substituted for the
required experience. Journey level requires an additional 6 months
of education or experience. Advanced level requires an additional
one year of education or experience.
License or Certification required by statute or regulationNone
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
- Monitoring data center infrastructure including power, cooling,
fire suppression and physical security
- Monitoring and support escalation for critical I.T. services
including Networking, Servers, Applications, Storage, etc.
- Deploying, configuring and managing data center monitoring
tools such as Power monitoring, HVAC controls and Temperature
- Installing, cabling, I.T. equipment in data center racks
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, organizational, planning,
and strong problem-solving skills
License or Certification required by the DepartmentNone
Special Instructions to Applicant
- Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities,
experience and education are listed on your application. Do not
write 'see resume' on your application when completing the job
- If you answer the questions at the end of the application,
please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills,
abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties
section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application
will not preclude your application from being considered but may
result in your application not receiving full consideration of your
knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
States on a full-time basis.
Job Open Date 11/08/2022
Job Close Date - Positions will be posted until 11:59 p.m. EST on
this date; If no closing date is indicated, the position will be
posted until filled and may close at any time after the recruitment
has been completed. 12/07/2022
Open Until Filled No
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Alternate optionIf no applicants apply who meet the required
competency level and training & experience requirements, then
management may consider other applicants. Salary would be
determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market
AA/EOEEast Carolina University is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that
fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student
body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified
applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a
disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national
origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with
Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the
Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or
Eligibility for EmploymentFinal candidates are subject to criminal
& sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require
credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and
employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United
States. If highest degree earned is from an institution outside of
the U.S. and its territories, final candidates are required to have
their degree validated as equivalent to the degree conferred by a
regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.
Office of Human Resources Contact InformationIf you experience any
problems accessing the system or have questions about the
application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources
at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email
to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our office is available to provide
assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.
Keywords: East Carolina University, Greenville , IT Operations Tech-Advanced, Other , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!