Campus Fleet Attendant-East Carolina University
Company: Starship Technologies
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Starship Technologies is revolutionizing deliveries with
autonomous robots. These robots are designed to deliver food,
groceries, and packages across college campuses and neighborhoods
in minutes. Starship has now completed millions of autonomous
deliveries to date, traveled millions of miles and is currently
doing more than 140k road crossings each day. Our contribution to
society includes reducing congestion, and pollution, providing
zero-emissions deliveries, increasing the quality of life for
residents, empowering seniors and disabled people, and enabling
affordable delivery for local businesses.
We're hitting records on an almost weekly basis. Now is an exciting
time to join as we grow rapidly around the world!
We are looking for excited, dynamic, tech-savvy team members to
join our US Operations team. The seasonal position (August through
May/June) of a Fleet Attendant requires you to help run the daily
operations of an innovative food delivery service.
The environment will be similar to a fast-paced restaurant/workshop
while allowing you to plunge into a cutting-edge technological
environment working directly with our autonomous robots. Fleet
Attendants will execute start-of-day or end-of-day charging and
cleaning of the robot fleet, repair robots throughout the shift,
troubleshoot unexpected situations that may arise during the course
of a delivery, and work effectively as a team to ensure exceptional
results in the delivery service from vendors to customers.
If you're still looking for reasons to apply, please use the link
provided below to learn more about Starship and what we do!
*Operational Service Tasks: *
* 20% Responsible for operational service. You will be accountable
for the morning roll-out of robots to service areas, or the
end-of-day sanitation and ensuring robots are charging.
* 10% Transporting the robot to delivery areas by ebike or foot
(which may include some occasional lifting of up to 70 lbs).
* 10% Either assisting Merchants or assisting robots in unexpected
situations. Report any issues to the onsite team.
*Technical Tasks: *
* 40% Focus on maintaining the health of the robots through daily
repairs and troubleshooting.
* 10% Carrying out maintenance activities and upgrades on both
robots and infrastructure.
* 10% Maintaining our hub-based warehouse and conducting regular
* Remote (online) training will be provided upon completion of
hiring/onboarding for one week. Onsite training to follow after
with a Robot Technician, Site Lead, or a designated Trainer.
*We are looking for someone who is: *
* Availability for weekends, mornings and/or evenings are
* Excited to work with robots and technology.
* Interested to be part of something totally new and
* Responsible and it's happy to be a representative of
* Independent, ready to take initiative in unexpected
* Able to work independently indoors/outdoors.
* Excellent in spoken and written communication in English.
* It will be beneficial if you have experience working with
* Has the ability to use hand and power tools (screwdriver, Pliers,
Torx, dremel, drill) or willing to learn.
* Someone who has availability for weekend shifts, morning and/or
evening shifts are highly preferred.
*Physical Requirements: *
* Movement ability to frequent usage of wrists, hands and finger
dexterity to movements such as constant typing, as well full-body
exertion while wrangling the robot fleet.
* Occasional lifting of items with weight up to 70 lbs.
* Comfortable riding an ebike on various terrain.
*Why should you join Starship? We offer: *
* Summers off! This is a seasonal role! Having a seasonal position
gives you flexibility to take time off during our off-season in the
summer months of May through July.
* Opportunity to grow with a rapidly expanding company.
* Chance to be part of a potential next unicorn company!
_Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of
COVID-19 cases in the workplace, in communities, and in the nation
as a whole. Starship Technologies "Starship" has adopted this
policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of our US
employees, and those traveling to the US for Starship related work
purposes, from the hazard of COVID-19. All employees covered by
this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and
condition of employment at Starship._
Ready to join our Starship fleet? Apply today!
Job Type: Part-time with flexible hours
Only candidates who send resumes will be considered.
Please include your availability when applying. Early application
Check out our website to find out more about us:
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 per hour
* No experience needed
* 4 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Greenville, NC 27858: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Starship Technologies, Greenville , Campus Fleet Attendant-East Carolina University, Other , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!