ExCEL Quality Field Supervisor Position
Company: Headway Workforce Solutions
Posted on: June 27, 2019
EARLY CARE AND EDUCATION QUALITY STUDY FIELD SUPERVISOR
RTI International is seeking a Field Supervisor to provide field
support and management oversight for the ExCEL Quality Study. This
important research study, led by MDRC, aims to build rigorous
evidence about the effectiveness of interventions on different
quality dimensions and teacher practices in early childhood
education settings. Field Supervisors will oversee a team of
assessors who will travel to assigned schools to conduct
assessments with preschoolers in participating classrooms.
Qualified Field Supervisor candidates should be comfortable working
from home and supervising a remote team of assessors.
This is a temporary full-time position that will offer an average
of 40 hours per week from July to October 2019. Candidates must be
available to work daytime, weekday hours.
* Help to recruit, hire, and retain qualified child assessors in
the following areas: Los Angeles, CA, St. Louis, MO, Indianapolis,
IN, and Columbus, OH.
* Attend a 4-day child assessor training scheduled for August
* Assign, transfer, and reassign schools as needed.
* Monitor production, quality, and costs, and provide child
assessors with constructive feedback and suggestions for
* Provide coaching and assistance with challenging schools.
* Work with assessors to proactively identify challenges and
recommend possible solutions.
* Complete a weekly conference call with each assessor and your
supervisor to provide updates and discuss any problems.
* Document and take disciplinary action with assessors as needed
(in consultation with RTI s HR Department and project
* Assume full responsibility for use and care of project equipment,
taking reasonable and appropriate steps to safeguard against
damage, loss, or theft and return at the conclusion of the
assignment or at a supervisor s request.
* Complete all required activities in a professional manner, while
maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of all information
* Maintain a professional, cooperative relationship with your
supervisor, other project staff, and school staff, objectively
sharing your thoughts while displaying an understanding of project
management s concerns.
* Remain flexible and available to answer calls from assessors to
assist with troubleshooting.
* Review time and expense reports for
accuracy/completeness/receipts and contact assessors regarding late
or missing reports.
* Prepare and submit your supervisor time and expense report
* Ensure proper close out at the conclusion of the study, including
sending release letters and monitoring retrieval of equipment and
* Must be 21 years of age or older at time of employment
* Have a minimum of a bachelor s degree
* Demonstrated experience with field data collection activities,
particularly with school-based data collections.
* Two years of field supervisory experience is preferred.
* Effective interpersonal and verbal communications skills.
* Experience using computers and competent with common internet and
* Have regular access to an in-home internet connection to complete
data collection management tasks.
* Available for work 40 hours per week, as determined by project
management, on the project July through October 2019.
* Availability for overnight travel as required.
* To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States and should not require now, or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status.
* Experience overseeing data collectors working in schools,
particularly within preschool settings.
* Degree in Early Childhood Education, Psychology, or related
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute
dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to
answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary
approach one that integrates expertise across the social and
laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We
believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to
deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and
businesses around the world. For more information, visit
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: operating a
computer, a phone, and other office machinery, driving to
households; walking from car to household; thinking, learning, and
concentrating effectively and frequently communicating with other
people, both within RTI and outside of RTI; frequently moving about
inside and travel between households; ability to handle the stress
associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines;,
ability to work a varied schedule, including evening and weekend
hours based on project needs; consistent demonstration of mental
stability and ability to have regular, reliable and predictable
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, per RTI
For USA Job Postings Only: RTI participates in the US Government
E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify
program and laws that are designed to protect you against
discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can
be found at https://www.rti.org/jobs.
For San Francisco, CA USA Job Postings Only: Pursuant to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment
qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Further
information is available here.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is
* Back Share
Keywords: Headway Workforce Solutions, Greenville , ExCEL Quality Field Supervisor Position, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!