QC Scientist I (1st shift)
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Job DescriptionHours for this position are 8:00a - 5:00p, with
occasional evening or weekend work required based on business need.
It is also not unusual to have some overtime.When you re part of
the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you ll do important work,
like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the
drug supply chain or making sure our medicines are safe,
efficacious, and of impeccable quality. Your work will have
real-world impact, and you ll be supported in achieving your career
goals.Division Specific Information
We operate the world s largest Pharma Services business, offering
drug substance, drug development, clinical trials and drug product
solutions to companies of all sizes. We help customers get
high-quality medicines to patients faster. We are experts at
simplifying the supply chain, can help solve complex manufacturing
challenges and shorten development timelines.LocationGreenville,
NCHow will you make an impact?Provide routine analyses in a
chemistry or microbiology environment by following standard
practices. Perform analytical methods as assigned for testing on
raw materials, samples, stability, production intermediates, and/or
human cells. Support internal development and/or manufacturing
operations. Make detailed observations and review, document, and
communicate test results.What will you do?
- Perform analytical method transfers for late phase and
commercial drug products in support of manufacturing and
- Conduct routine chemical and physical testing of pharmaceutical
raw materials, packaging components, finished products,
microbiological, and stability samples by internally developed and
compendial test methods.
- Execute validated test methods for pharmaceutical raw materials
and finished products for strength, impurities, identity, and
dissolution by HPLC, GC, dissolution, spectroscopy, and traditional
quantitative analysis, utilizing HPLC, GC, LC/MS, dissolution,
spectroscopy, and/or traditional wet chemical testing.
- Recognize and report out-of-specification or unexpected results
and non-routine analytical and product problems.
- Perform daily instrument calibrations/verifications as
- Clearly and accurately communicate the results of work by
creating documentation of the testing/analysis and obtained
results. Record and report results of analysis in accordance with
prescribed lab procedures and systems.
- Assist in preparing regulatory documents and other
communications with outside agencies, clients, and/or colleagues
from other corporate sites.
- Contribute to writing of SOPs if needed.
- Clean and organize work area, instrumentation, and testing
materials. Clean HPLC and dissolution systems after use.
- Perform all duties in strict compliance with Standard Operating
Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory
Practices, and Safety guidelines. Maintain the necessary compliance
status required by company and facility standards.How will you get
- Bachelor s degree in life science, preferably in
- Up to 2 years of related experience
- Experience performing chemical tests with chromatographic,
spectroscopic, or other analytical techniques preferred (HPLC,
- Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant
work experience may be considered.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Good knowledge and understanding of basic chemistry and
analytical instrumental technologies.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative chemical or
- Awareness of quality and regulatory requirements in the
- Good problem solving skills and logical approach to solving
- Demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills (both oral
- Flexibility in both work hours and daily activities. Schedules
change daily based on production so being able to change gears
easily and alter work schedule as needed is a necessity.
- Ability to work well with others and well as minding your own
- Ability to read and interpret technical procedures and
- Ability to apply mathematical operations, to such tasks as
determination of test reliability, analysis of variance and
correlation techniques.At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our
70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.Apply today! Thermo Fisher
Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, disability or any other legally protected status.If you are
an individual with a disability who requires reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of our application process, for
further assistance. Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative
Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally
protected status. Associated topics: aseptic, clinical, histology,
industrial hygienist, microbiological, nephrology, nutritionist,
pharmaceutical, protein, transfection Associated topics: aseptic,
clinical, histology, industrial hygienist, microbiological,
nephrology, nutritionist, pharmaceutical, protein, transfection
Associated topics: aseptic, clinical, histology, industrial
hygienist, microbiological, nephrology, nutritionist,
pharmaceutical, protein, transfection
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Greenville , QC Scientist I (1st shift), Other , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!