Facilities Technician III
Company: Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Job TitleFacilities Technician IIIJob Description
General Maintenance Technicians assist tradesmen in the proper
operation, maintenance and repair of building systems, including
Mechanical, Pipe, electrical, Roof repairs, and Plumbing. General
Maintenance Technicians self-perform general maintenance duties
such as; plumbing, HVAC, scaffolding, carpentry, resurfacing
floors, painting, and general occupant requests.Job Description
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform building maintenance activities such as replacing or
repairing ceilings, flooring, walls, bathroom fixtures and other
general building maintenance activities
- Assemble and Disassemble office furniture
- Install and hang banners, posters, pictures, etc.
- Ability to Paint walls, door, ceilings, etc.
- Install and remove scaffolding
- Troubleshoot fire doors and sliding mechanical doors
- Inspect and clean eyewash stations (PM s)
- Clean and repair exterior signage
- Perform preventive maintenance on mechanical systems as directed
by supervisor or other technical resources
- Respond to all occupant service requests and troubleshoots to
meet the operational and comfort needs of the building(s)
- Maintains records for inventory of repair supplies and materials;
prepares materials requisitions for approval by supervisor as
replacement needs dictate
- Effectively communicate in a positive, proactive manner with all
team members, customers, and vendors; demonstrate teamwork
- Maintain a professional, safe and clean environment
- Perform repairs on equipment from written instructions, sketches,
plans, diagrams, oral descriptions or self-determined job
requirements based on observed conditions.
- Perform preventative maintenance on various systems, machines,
lines, components and equipment.
- Troubleshoot operational problems in order to identify
appropriate corrective action.
- Operate systems, machines, lines and equipment; e.g. vacuum
systems, general hand tools and instruments.
- Document conditions, actions, procedures and results of work,
tests or inspections performed as required by Company policies and
- Document work performed on production equipment by maintaining
accurate records or logs.
- Comply with all departmental, cGMP, SOPs, GAPs and safety
guidelines and regulations.
- Keep supervision informed of status on equipment and procedure
- Revise schematics and blueprints to reflect any modifications to
equipment or systems.
- Maintain and upgrade technical and nontechnical skills through
participation in company and outside training programs.
- Assist with the training of other employees as directed.
- Assist in both development and training other crafts, production
and peers on new and old equipment.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Report any changes or deficiencies of equipment in SAP
- Enter and track time in SAP
Training & Education Requirements:
- High School graduate, GED, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of Seven (7) years demonstrated experience in facility
- Ability to write and authorize work permits
- Fire Door certified to inspect and troubleshoot as needed
- Scaffolding trained and certified
- Certified and ability to operate lifts, fork lifts, and
- Must possess a valid state driver s license
- Basic computer and shop math skills required
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and positive attitude
- Ability to independently diagnose and repair machinery and
- Willing to work adjusted shifts and overtime as required (Holiday
s, Off hours, weekends)
- Must understand Lockout Tagout Procedures
- Basic knowledge of computerized maintenance programs is a
Qualifications & Physical Requirements:
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug screening
- Must be able to consistently push and pull up to 50 pounds and
lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time and
capable of extensive bending, stooping, stretching, pushing, and
- Must be able to work from elevated areas such as ladders,
platforms, scaffolding, etc., utilizing fall protection equipment
as necessary to complete tasks
- Ability to work in an environment with exposure to dust,
chemicals and loud noises
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Cushman & Wakefield, Inc., Greenville , Facilities Technician III, Professions , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!