HVAC Reliability Engineer
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: November 23, 2021
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment, or making sure our food is
safe. Your work will have a real-world impact, and you'll be
supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Pharmaceutical Services Group / Reliability Program / Sterile
How will you make an impact?
The Reliability Engineer performs systematic analysis of facilities
and production machine performance leading to increased
availability, uptime, and overall equipment effectiveness (OEE). As
a key member of the Technical Services engineering staff, the
Reliability Engineer works closely with the Production,
Maintenance, and Project Engineering departments staff to operate
and maintain pharmaceutical research and manufacturing complex of
over 1.5 million square feet. The Engineer applies sound
engineering principles to optimize the reliability and
maintainability of existing systems and new installations for a
broad base of customers in pharmaceutical research, development,
and high-volume manufacturing.
What will you do?
- Continuously improve the site maintenance program by applying
principles and methods of Reliability Centered Maintenance.
- Prepare maintenance strategies and task plans to create an
effective site PM program.
- Administer predictive maintenance program to include vibration
analysis, oil analysis, infrared inspection, and ultrasound leak
- Extract machine performance data from Computerized Maintenance
Management System (SAP) and other sources to analyze for Mean Time
Between Failures (MTBF), Mean Time To Repair (MTTR), Top 5/Top 20
"Bad Actors", etc.
- Troubleshoot issues and perform Root Cause Analysis using 5 Why
Technique, Cause Mapping, Fault Tree Diagrams, TAP Root, and other
- Lead investigation and problem-solving teams. Track progress
through resolution and completion of action plans.
- Perform life cycle asset management, including new asset
integration, asset preservation, and retirement of assets.
- Establish and manage incident review and escalation
- Implement Poka-Yoke mistake proofing to prevent inadvertent
- Conduct Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA) to harden
equipment and systems to increase uptime.
- Establish a criticality rating system and apply it across site
equipment. Adjust maintenance program according to the criticality
- Optimize PM program to the site needs, using equipment history,
criticality, and industry best practices.
- Training of staff in maintenance and repair best
- Input to the site capital projects renewal program.
- Assemble facilities and equipment master data for input to
Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP).
How will you get here?
- Four-year degree in engineering preferred: Bachelor Science in
electrical engineering. MBA, Engineering Management degree
- In lieu of degree, 9 years of relevant experience as indicated
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP)
through Society of Maintenance and Reliability Professionals,
- Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) through American Society
for Quality, preferred
- Reliability Engineering Certificate, others
- Minimum 5 years working experience as a Reliability
- Equivalency: Equivalent combinations of education, training,
and relevant work experience may be considered
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience in an FDA regulated environment, preferable cGMP
- Knowledge in ASHRAE, OSHA and other association code and
- Knowledge in HVAC/HEPA systems associated with aseptic
- Experienced user in Computerized Maintenance Management System
(CMMS), SAP preferred
- Ability to apply statistical analysis of data, using EXCEL and
- Skilled in maintenance management best practices
- Trained in Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Knowledgeable of Six Sigma quality and LEAN manufacturing At
Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary
minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our
singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world
healthier, cleaner and safer.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Greenville , HVAC Reliability Engineer, Professions , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!